Recipe: Refreshing Hibiscus and Berry Smoothie
by Casey Jade
A light and refreshing smoothie that’s perfect on a warm day. It’s made with a base of fresh hibiscus tea, and blended with berries and mint. As the weather starts to get warmer and you find your body craving light food, this is a perfect option.
A Burst of Energy
Smoothies are wonderful because they’re quick to make and give you a burst of energy. This smoothie is great for a light breakfast or a refreshing afternoon tea.
Hibiscus Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups boiling water
- 8 dried hibiscus flowers or 2 hibiscus tea bags
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 banana
- 2 dates, pitted
- 10 fresh mint leaves
1. Add hibiscus flowers or tea bags to a bowl with boiling water. Leave to steep for 20 minutes. Strain and set aside until cool.
2. Add hibiscus tea, strawberries, raspberries, banana, dates and mint to a blender and mix until smooth.
3. Pour into glass and drink while cold. Add ice for an extra refreshing drink.
Casey is a yoga teacher and author of a popular food blog where she shares healthy recipes to help you look and feel amazing. Photo courtesy of the author.
Thanks to mindbodygreen.com for permission to reprint this excerpt.