Studio Reopening Guidelines
Updated as of 6/18/2020
Dear Pilgrimage of the Heart Community,
Thank you so much for your support and patience during this very challenging time. Our teachers and staff are excited to reopen and welcome you back! We will be opening on Monday, 6/22/2020, and we have outlined some information for you.
The health and safety of our students and staff are of utmost importance to us now and always. The California Department of Public Health and the County of San Diego released guidelines for the reopening of fitness facilities, including yoga studios in June. We have created a safe reopening plan that adheres to all of the guidelines.
What We are Doing
- Upon reopening, there will be new class schedules. We’ll offer a combination of 70+ In-Studio and Live Stream classes each week.
- For now, we will not offer heated classes or hands-on assists.
- Limiting class offerings and class sizes to ensure 6-feet of physical distancing between all people in the studio.
- Requiring everyone to wear a face mask at all times when in the studio.
- Offering sanitization stations for optional use with hand sanitizer, gloves, and shoe coverings.
- Conducting daily wellness checks for our staff. Anyone who is not well will not be allowed to work.
- Allowing 45 – 60 minutes between classes to properly clean and sanitize the studio with CDC approved disinfectants.
- We’ve upgraded our HVAC systems to ensure that they pull fresh air from outside and safely kill mold, viruses, and bacteria in the air.
- Eliminating community-use props at this time. Props are available for purchase.
- Going cashless.
- The retail boutiques will be open, but clothing cannot be tried on.
- No returns on any items for now.
What We’re Asking of You
- Reserve your spot online in advance for all In-Studio classes. No walk-ins at this time. If you cannot attend, please cancel at least one hour before class begins.
- Please limit the number of In-Studio weekday evening classes that you take to two, and the number of weekend classes that you take to two. Doing so will give you and your fellow yogis a chance to practice In-Studio. Live Stream class registration steps will remain the same.
- Bring your own mat and props to class. Rental mats will not be offered.
- Bring your own full water bottle. For now, water refill stations are not available. We have plastic water bottles for sale if you forget yours.
- Minimize time spent in the studio to 10 minutes in North Park and 15 minutes in Normal Heights both before and after class.
- Arrive on time. Late arrivals are no longer allowed, and the studio doors will be locked both in-between and during classes.
- Face masks are required at all times when in the studio.
- Check-in for class at the front desk and complete a brief symptoms check with staff. If you have symptoms you will not be allowed to take the class.
- If needed, you can use a cubby that will be assigned to you upon check-in. You may also place personal items near your mat.
- Follow the floor markers throughout the studio to maintain physical distancing.
- Set up your mat in the yoga room behind a blue line on the floor. All spots are 6-feet apart.
- Wash your hands often.
- If you do not feel well, have a cough, fever, or any flu-like symptoms, please do not come to the studio. Take care of yourself and protect our community by taking a Live Stream class instead.
- If you or someone you have been in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you do not come into the studio for 14 days.
We are so grateful for your patience and continued support during this period. Thank you for your patience as we adhere to county guidelines in real-time.
We look forward to seeing you on the mat soon!
Take care and stay well,
The Pilgrimage Management Team