Find Some Breathing Room: Asana, Pranayama, Meditation
with Lauren McLaren
Date: Saturday, October 8, 2022 Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Location: Normal Heights - East Room
Make space and maximize your life force with an exploration and practice of asana, pranayama and meditation. During this 3-hour workshop, you will learn and experience how the practice of asana and pranayama can revitalize your physical and energetic systems. You will also have the opportunity to see how the practice of postures and breathing contribute to your meditative state.
- We begin with a look at the sutras that relate to the 3rd and 4th limbs of Patanjali’s 8-limbed path and how they can inform and aid our approach to the practice of meditation.
- To ensure everyone is prepared for the breath work, we will review the pranayama techniques which we will employ during the day: Ujjayi, Nadi Shodhana, Kapalabhati, Kumbhaka and Bandha.
- This is followed by an asana practice intended to prepare the nervous system for the journey into the deeper layers of the consciousness.
- Pranayama practice using the techniques reviewed.
- Savasana & Yoga Nidra to support the nervous system.
- Meditation to integrate the practices.
This workshop is suitable for students with some basic knowledge of pranayama who are looking to deepen their understanding of the principles and practices involved. Great for practitioners and teachers who want to gain more experience in this aspect of yoga practice.
Early-Bird: $35 by October 1st, 2022
After October 1st, 2022: $50
Contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Learn More about the Teacher: Lauren McLaren