Learn to Teach Meditation and Mindfulness to Children and Teens
with Sujantra McKeever and Kelly Derouin
Saturday, July 18, 2020 from 11:00a - 6:30p AND
Sunday, July 19, 2020 from 9:30a - 5:00p
Normal Heights, East Room
A Message From Sujantra and Kelly
Thank you so much for your interest in Pilgrimage of the Heart’s Meditation and Mindfulness for Children and Teens (Ages 5-18) Teacher Training. We are thrilled to offer this program, which will bring profound insight and awareness to your own Meditation and Mindfulness practice and enable you to teach these skills to three distinct ages groups: Early childhood: 2-6yrs; middle childhood 6-12yrs; and adolescents: 12-18 yrs.
About the Teachers
This program was developed and is being taught by Pilgrimage of the Heart Founder, Sujantra McKeever, who has over 40 years of meditation experience and Kelly Derouin, yoga and theatre arts teacher who has 10 years of experience working with children and young adults in the San Diego community. She serves as a teaching artist with La Jolla Playhouse, Arts for Learning, San Diego Musical Theatre and the Boys and Girls Club.
No previous meditation experience is required. We welcome everyone who is enthusiastic about bringing mindfulness and meditation into the lives of children. This program is perfect for parents, teachers, childcare professionals, family members and yoga teachers.
In this weekend intensive, which includes time practice teaching in small groups, Sujantra and Kelly will help you learn:
- Basic stages of child development
- Representational Models to teach children to help them understand their moods, emotions and thinking patterns.
- The 9 intelligences and how each child can excell in their own unique way
- Techniques to incorporate mindfulness into daily life;
- Breathing practices for specific age groups;
- Guided visualizations and meditations for specific age groups;
- Movement and activities to regulate physical energy;
- Techniques for children to self-regulate their emotions and behavior
- How to use journaling, crafting, props, visuals, and music as part of the mediation and mindfulness experience
You will receive:
- 2 text books: Teach your Child Meditation by Lisa Roberts, RYT, RCYT and Mindful Games by Susan Kaiser Greendland
- 6 hours worth of sample lesson plans all of the various teaching opportunities you may encounter
- Scientific research that validates these tools and techniques.
This Meditation and Mindfulness Teacher Training for Children and Teens qualifies for 14 CEUs with Yoga Alliance.