Musical Exploration and Sound Healing Training
with Sujantra McKeever
Saturday, October 21 and Sunday, October 22, 2023
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM on both days
East Room, Normal Heights
Qualifies for 8 CEUs with Yoga Alliance
Explore the joy of music!
Open to everyone; no musical experience required.
Limited to 8 participants.
$315 if registered by Friday, September 15, 2023
$350 if registered by Tuesday, October 10, 2023
This training is a special opportunity for yoga teachers, therapists and others to learn how to integrate music and sound healing into their offerings. You will:
- Learn to share sound healing, rhythms, and music and integrate them into your personal growth and teaching
- Explore movement, rhythm, and voice
- Learn to play crystal bowls, gong, harmonium, shruti box, chimes, drums, shakers, and angel bells
- Practice voice work and various chanting techniques
The program is taught by Sujantra, founder of Pilgrimage of the Heart Yoga. He leads sound healings and meditations, plays guitar, tablas and harmonium and loves music and chanting to experience and share spirituality.
You Will Receive
- Sujantra’s book: Learn to Teach Meditation and Mindfulness
- Resources sheet for purchasing instruments and local sound healings to visit
- A Pilgrimage of the Heart Sound Healing Certificate
- 8 Yoga Alliance CEUs (for yoga teachers)
- To experience your innate musical abilities and learn to integrate them into your personal practice and teachings.
- We will explore all the instruments listed above and construct a flow tailored to your teaching situation, including full sound healing offering, and learn principles for guidedvisualization with live music.
- We will also explore the science and history of sound healing through the ages.
What to Bring
- Lunch and snacks, (we have hot and cold filtered water)
- Any instrument you are proficient on, including a favorite drum, and a harmonium if you have one
Flow of the Day
Each day we will meet from 10:00 AM -2:00 PM. Please arrive 15 minutes early to settle in. Every hour we will take a ten-minute refresh/bathroom break. There will be a ½ hour break for lunch.