Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Yes Yoga
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Yesica Rodriguez, RYT 500, YACEP, RPYT
Module 1: September 14 & 15, 2024
Module 2: October 12 &13, 2024
Module 3: November 9 & 10, 2024
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
*This training will be offered both In-Person and Live Stream via Zoom
- Entire PYTT (All 3 Modules): $1,500
- Module 1 only: $400
Qualifies for 15 - 90 CEUs with Yoga Alliance
Pregnancy is a unique and meaningful period in a person’s life where they experience a range of changes and emotions in a relatively short period. Yoga is often recommended for pregnancy because it can help with relaxation as well as aches and pains. Yoga class is also a space where a student finds support and community during this new phase in life. The mindfulness encouraged in yoga allows pregnant students to tune in to their bodies and embrace the changes they experience throughout pregnancy and motherhood.
My Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training prepares you to confidently lead and modify pregnant students in public classes and design yoga classes specifically for pregnancy. You will learn techniques to best support your students throughout their pregnancy and how to build community with your class. Perhaps most importantly, you will have several opportunities to practice-teach throughout your journey, fortifying you with valuable teaching experience with lots of support and guidance.
This training is a hybrid of group meetings and online content, allowing for more flexibility to complete a lot of the work in your own time. We will meet as a group 1 weekend per month for 3 months between September and November (see specific dates below). Between our meeting dates, there will be assigned reading, online content, and class observations. I am also offering a Livestream option for anyone who isn’t able to make it to our group meetings.
Module 1 can be completed as a stand-alone training for 15 Yoga Alliance continuing education credits. Completing all three modules qualifies you to teach Prenatal Yoga and Postpartum Yoga (upon completion of your 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training).
I am accepting applications for the Fall 2024 Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training at Pilgrimage of the Heart Yoga Studio. This training is available in person and via Livestream. Keep reading for dates and details on each module. See the buttons below to register for your training. I hope you will join us!
Module 1: Intro to Prenatal Yoga
Module 1 of the Prenatal YTT offers an introduction to prenatal yoga with a focus on modifying pregnant students in public classes. You can take this training alone for 15 CEUs with Yoga Alliance or continue to complete the 90-hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training. Module 1 Includes:
- Anatomy of the Pregnant Body
- Effects of Pregnancy on the Body
- Benefits of Prenatal Yoga
- Contraindications and Modifications for Pregnant Students
- Accommodating Pregnant Students in Public Classes.
- The Current Landscape of Birth in the U.S.
- Group meeting September 14-15 from 10 am-6 pm at Pilgrimage of the Heart
Module 2: Yoga Designed for Pregnancy
In Module 2, we will dive deeper into the world of teaching prenatal yoga. This portion of the course will prepare you to lead and build your prenatal yoga classes. Module 1 is a prerequisite for Module 2. Module 2 includes:
- Anatomy of the Pelvis
- Common Discomforts in Pregnancy
- Yoga Postures Beneficial for Pregnancy
- Prenatal Pranayama
- Complications in Pregnancy
- Incorporating Themes in Prenatal Yoga
- Yoga for Labor
- Building Community
- Creating a welcoming space for marginalized communities in yoga class
- Group meeting October 12-13 from 10 am-6 pm at Pilgrimage of the Heart
Module 3: Postpartum Yoga
Module 3 will show you how to safely accommodate and support your students in yoga class after giving birth. You will also learn techniques to incorporate babies into yoga classes. Module 3 includes:
- Contraindications and Modifications for Postpartum Yoga
- Postpartum Complications
- Teaching Baby and Me Yoga
- Teaching Postpartum Yoga
- The Business of Teaching Prenatal and Postpartum Yoga
- Group meeting November. 9-10 from 10 am-6 pm at Pilgrimage of the Heart