Healthy Hip Openers
with Kelly Derouin
Date: Saturday, April 4, 2020 Time: 1:30 - 3:30p
Location: North Park - Sky Room
Hip-opening postures can feel like a wonderful release, or a pain in the butt (literally)! But whether you love or despise them, this workshop is for you. Because the hips function as a bridge between the upper and lower body, unlocking the hips can promote greater ease and fluidity in the joints and muscles both above and below. In this workshop you will learn how to cultivate a sense of relaxation and openness on and off the yoga mat by working steadily, but compassionately, with the hips while practicing the art of going easily with the flow of your life.
In this 2-hour workshop, you will:
- Practice a sequence of postures that will access deep stretch in order to release tension in all facets of the hip joints.
- Learn about the anatomy of the hips, pelvis and lower body to gain a better understanding of the groups of bones and muscles involved in hip-opening postures.
- Experience Yang (active stretch) and Yin (passive stretch) hip-openers.
- Learn about the subtle anatomy of the hips from a yoga perspective, including exploration of the 2nd chakra.
- Learn adaptations and modifications for the most common hip-opening poses to stay safe in class and in your home practice.
$25 if registered by March 28, $30 after.
FREE FOR MEMBERS!
Workshop Cancellation Policy:
There are no refunds. Cancellations made by 5:00p on the day prior to the workshop will receive a studio credit toward services (not retail product) for the amount paid. Cancellations made after 5:00p on the day prior to the workshop will not receive a refund or credit.
Learn More about the Teacher: Kelly Derouin