LIVE STREAM Yoga & Social Justice Book Club
with Lena Schmidt
Date: Monday, April 4, 2022 Time: 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Location: Live Stream via Zoom
Join host, Lena Schmidt, for this FREE book club where we’ll deep dive into the relationship between yoga & social justice, brainstorm action steps for positive social change, and build community in the process. Anyone is welcome to this FREE offering!
The Zoom link will be sent to you the day before the event.
April’s Topic: The 8 Limbs of Yoga + Justice
Book: The Secret Power of Yoga: A Woman’s Guide to the Heart and Spirit of the Yoga Sutras by Nishala Joy Devi
Questions to consider:
- Which sutras do you most closely connect with and why?
- For you, how could each of the 8 Limbs of Yoga be related to social justice?
- Considering examples from current events and through history, what connections can you make between any of the Yamas and the Niyamas and specific social justice campaigns?
- Article: “8 Limbs of Yoga” (Overview) Link: https://www.theconnectedyogateacher.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/8-Limbs-of-Yoga-The-Connected-Yoga-Teacher-Podcast.pdf
2022 Book Club Dates
- June 4, 2022: Yoga + Anti-Racism
- Book: Restorative Yoga for Ethnic and Race-Based Stress and Trauma by Gail Parker
- August 6, 2022: TBD
- October 1, 2022: TBD
Learn More about the Teacher: Lena Schmidt