Pain Relief for Modern Life
with Rachel Ishiguro
Date: Wednesdays, October 19 through November 16, 2022 Time: 7:00 - 8:00 PM
Location: Normal Heights - East Room
Join Rachel Ishiguro, IAYT-certified yoga therapist, for a small-group program that will teach you how to effectively use yoga as an antidote to the discomfort that arises from too much desk time, prolonged screen use, and other common lifestyle habits.
In Pain Relief for Modern Life, you’ll get an introduction to Rachel’s therapeutic approach to using yoga within the context of your actual life to reduce pain and manage stress.
In the weekly classes, you’ll learn about how your body is designed to move and how to decode what your body is telling you as a guide towards feeling better. Using yoga practices such as breath work, awareness of sensation, and mindful movement/ yoga poses, you’ll create more ease, improve your movement patterns, and take the first steps towards a better relationship with your body… and your desk.
This program includes:
- 5 live in-person classes with Rachel
- A spinal strip prop
- Personalized guidance about your movement
- A brief (5-15 minutes) customized program, including written instructions, for you to work on between classes if you like.
- E-mail support from Rachel for the duration of the program.
- After 5 weeks, you’ll have collected a set of tools that you can use to support your well-being whenever you need them.
Learn More about the Teacher: Rachel Ishiguro