Pranayama Teacher Training
Training with Lauren McLaren, E-RYT 200
Saturday August 22nd and Sunday August 23rd, 2020
SATURDAY 8/22: 11:00A-6:30P | SUNDAY 8/23: 9:30A-5:30P
In the Normal Heights East Room
Qualifies for 14 Continuing Education Credits
A Message From Lauren
During this 2-day training, you will have the opportunity to deeply explore the constant companion that is your breath. Through short lectures and guided interactive experiences, you will strengthen your diaphragmatic breathing and learn to recognize your experience of prana with training in advanced pranayama techniques.
You have either a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training certification and/or have been practicing pranayama for a minimum of six months.
By registering for this training, you are assuming all responsibility for your fitness for the program including consideration of any medications you may be taking and have doctor’s clearance for any condition you may have.
If you give us notice at least 14 days prior the start of the program that you have decided not to participate, we will refund your money less a $100 cancellation fee.
There are no refunds less than 14 days prior to the start of the program.
We reserve the right to cancel the training. In the event that our training does not take place, all payments will be refunded within 10 days after what would have been the start of the program.
- Understand the workings of your respiratory system and how your central nervous system is affected by your breath.
- Develop and refine your breathing with practice of different pranayama techniques.
- Discover and break old patterns and habits through the practice of advanced techniques: Kapalabhati, Bhastrika and powerful variations of these two breaths
- Learn the purpose of the Bandhas (energetic seals), and engage in practice of these profound additions to pranayama.
- Investigate the subtle energy of pranayama and begin to sense the difference between breath and prana.
- Connect the philosophical writings on this subject with the larger purpose of pranayama practice through brief study of selected sutras, the Prajna Upanishad and selection of the Bhagavad Gita.
- Create a personal pranayama practice that will help you sustain and grow at your own pace.
This training is perfect for:
- Yogis with some experience who are looking to deepen their understanding and practice of pranayama.
- Yoga Teachers who would like to develop their own skills as practitioners.
- Yoga Teachers who would like to offer more pranayama in their classes.